Your generous donations allow Akanksha to continue to provide children from low-income communities with an excellent education. There are many different ways to be part of the story.
- Art is an integral part of Akanksha centers and schools. Akanksha wants each of its students to express themselves artistically, and encourages its most talented students through Design Class. In schools, art has been integrated throughout the curriculum to create a more robust, dynamic teaching techniques.
- The best way to encourage growth is to take our students on field trip and expose them to new and places and ideas. Whether they visit the offices of a large newspaper, the Prince of Wales Museum, or a Mumbai Indians game, our children benefit immensely from this hands-on learning.
- All Akanksha students that have completed their Grade 10 examination are eligible for a 5 year scholarship that covers their junior college and undergraduate college fees. In 2012-2013 approximately 250 Akanksha graduates enrolled in prestigious colleges such as St. Xavier’s, Wilson and Ruia, to study a variety of courses.
- Books open children’s eyes to a world they never knew existed. Akanksha wants to show its students the world by instilling in them a love of reading. Libraries enrich our schools, and provide a place for children to build their own relationship with literature.
- The cost per child is pegged to the current government expenditure per child. It includes a proportion of costs such as teacher training, purchase of educational materials for extra- curricular activities,child welfare costs, field trips and parent meetings.
- Akanksha centers started it all! These centers fill in the gaps from their formal schooling and push them to dream beyond their expectations.
- The schools are the future of Akanksha and represent an important step towards education reform in India.
If you have any queries, do write in to firstname.lastname@example.org